Click Here For Free Blog Templates!!!
Blogaholic Designs

Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Our last day of the fox

At some point over the 4-day Labor Day weekend, we finished up our fox unit, and our first week of home school. It was a productive day! We tied up our unit with going over everything we had learned that week. They practiced writing the letter "X" (if you remember, earlier in the week they had done "F" and "O"), and we sang a new song I had found about foxes.

Sometimes the kiddos are sweet and work together while I am prepping for our day. Abigail is really big on "working as a team" right now, in whatever capacity that may be. I know at her preschool, they had "team art" earlier in the week, so that may be where it has come from. That... or Wonderpets. (:

This has been my latest difficulty, I suppose. Abigail wants to do everything as a team, and it's just not possible. They both work best when I'm giving them individual attention for the more difficult tasks (writing & math), but when I am working with Brody during his time, Abigail still wants my full attention to help her build with blocks or color on the art boards. She is such a time monopolizer! (;

As the norm, my favorite part of class time was our art project. I had cut out some fox shapes the week before, so I put those in a box, along with some crayons, googly eyes, glue sticks and glitter. I let the kids pick how they wanted to decorate their foxes, and I just helped assist. They really enjoyed being able to make their own choices - even if those choices were limited to what was in the box. It was adorable. Brody - who will do anything Abigail does - decorated his fox EXACTLY how Aba did. here are a few pics:




And finally, here is a pic of all of our work from the last day of the fox unit:



Thanks for sticking with me through this journey of home schooling! Stay tuned for my favorite theme  from this month -- the apple!


0 comments:

Post a Comment